Photobucket

Mario Gotze Jersey[/

in Help Wanted Thu May 26, 2016 3:43 am
by bearyin • 41 Posts | 410 Points

Everyone knows being a parent isn't easy.

In an ideal world you have your children and hopefully raise them so they grow into responsible young adults who make their own way in the world. Of course there are stages Philipp Lahm Jersey , which are difficult, but usually everyone comes out okay in the end, and although you always worry you have the hope your children will eventually be able to look after themselves

However, for parents of children with special needs it's a whole different ball game. It's a huge responsibility, which never gets easier and can consume families.

My son is autistic. I'm convinced he wasn't born that way. The first year of his life was wonderful and we were a "normal" family if there is such a thing.

However, things began to get very difficult when he developed autism and life changed for everyone. Things, which we had Jerome Boateng Jersey , until that point, just taken for granted, now became major issues. There was no such thing as just "nipping into a shop", or spontaneously going for a walk, dropping in on a friend or going for a meal. Everything had to be meticulously planned and organised in advance with a backup plan incase things went wrong, which they invariably did.

As a result we tended to stop going out as a family. Quite frankly it was just easier to stay at home. On the very rare occasions we were invited out I would make excuses not to go. This was partly due to the fear of what might happen, but also because I felt I would have nothing to contribute to any conversation. My whole life seemed to be consumed with autism and its consequences.

The problem also Xabi Alonso Jersey , was autism was consuming everyone's lives and my other son suffered terribly. Not only did he have to live with the strange unpredictable behaviour of his younger brother on a daily basis, but also his opportunities to join in with his peer activities were curtailed. As much as he hates to admit it, I know his brother at times embarrassed him, and children can be very cruel. His childhood was not as happy as it should have been.

As I said having children isn't easy and if you are any sort of parent at all, does require changes to your lifestyle, and usually develops different friendships. This is natural and many new relationships are formed at the school gates, or at after school activities where you get to meet other parents.

Scroll up

Photobucket
Visitors
0 Members and 33 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: HarveyBevins
Board Statistics
The forum has 15219 topics and 17579 posts.

13 members have been online today:
alina17705, Angel92, berry36923, cathylee123, chengjiayim, HarveyBevins, kaixin123, march, ownher, ozquii, qiuyehui, wangqing, xxyckt