Who will replace Steven
Who will replace Stevenin Help Wanted Thu Oct 20, 2016 4:09 am
by lovezz • 240 Posts | 2400 Points
After the season ends Gianluigi Donnarumma AC Milan Jersey , loyal NFL fans look forward to April each year to see what gifts the NFL draft will provide them. Of course, the NFL will extend that wait until May starting next season. No matter what position your team is drafting in, you always hope that they will find gems to plug those gaping holes or find the heir to replace current studs at key positions. For us, we look across the league to see what players have been drafted onto teams in a spot that they will have an impact on the fantasy football landscape.
So, Maximum Fantasy Sports has put its collective heads together and has ranked the Top-5 fantasy football relevant rookies at the core skill positions and their projected draft round in standard 12-team fantasy football leagues. There was a time that we would avoid all rookie QBs that came into the league. However, the game has changed at the collegiate and professional level in ways that allow talented QBs to step under center and be productive immediately. It is amazing to look at the 2012 season QB stats and see multiple rookies near the top. Drafting RGIII last year got many teams to the fantasy playoffs. Adding Colin Kaepernick late in the season took many teams to fantasy gold. Who from this year’s draft will be the key players on your run to your championship? Below is the consensus review from Maximum Fantasy Sports for the new crop of NFL rookies.
1. Geno Smith (New York Jets): Draft prognosticators had Geno listed as the first QB off the board and many thought he would be drafted in the first round. Unfortunately for his ego Giacomo Bonaventura AC Milan Jersey , wallet and job satisfaction, he was drafted by the Jets in the second round. Shockingly, Jets fans weren’t thrilled by the pick. I am confused since the butt-fumbler is currently their starting QB. I would not be surprised to see Geno win the job in training camp. Too bad that he has no one to throw to. He is a 14th round pick at best.
2. E.J. Manuel (Buffalo): E.J. is this year’s dual-threat QB. He has the wheels and the arm, though not real accurate, to be successful. He will start on the bench with Kevin Kolb getting the starting position to start the season. Since Kolb is made of cupcakes and is not real talented, Manual should get the job before long. He is a speculative add Gabriel Paletta AC Milan Jersey , at best, with the last pick of your draft.
3. Mike Glennon (Tampa): Manuel is the “new NFL” QB and Glennon is the “Old NFL”. You are not going to see this kid running much. He is 6’7” and has a cannon for an arm. Josh Freeman is the guaranteed starter, but really faltered down the stretch last year. Tampa has loads of talent on offense, so, if Freeman stumbles again, Glennon could take over. I would have no problem drafting Freeman as my QB2 and backing him up with Glennon as my last pick in my deeper leagues.
4. Tyler Wilson (Oakland): Well Diego Lopez AC Milan Jersey , it is better than New York, but not by much. Wilson joins a team that has been in search of a good QB since Rich Gannon took them to the Super Bowl in 2002. Matt Flynn gets the starting nod this year. Carson Palmer did put up good fantasy numbers last year, but I don’t expect anything good from Wilson, even if he gets the job at some point. Not draftable.
5. Matt Barkley (Philly): with Michael Vick and Nick Foles ahead of him, Barkley will probably not see the field this year. Sadly for him, had he come out in 2012 Davide Calabria AC Milan Jersey , he would have been been a first round pick and may have seen some success. He has talent, so you could consider grabbing him at some point during the season if you are in a deep Keeper league.
1. Montee Ball (Denver): Ball steps into a good situation in Denver; they have a rock solid passing attack so teams can’t load the box to stop the run and the Broncos have a stable of RBs coming off of major injuries. The Wisconsin grad had been putting in NFL-type seasons in college (over 300 carries each of the past two years). Some people may shy away from him due to the workload. I think it has prepared him for a grueling NFL season. I would add him as a late 3rd round or early 4th round pick.
2. Le’Veon Bell (Pittsburgh): Bell is a great fit for the Steelers. He fits their mold at 6’2” and 230lbs. The Steelers had no success with the various backs they tossed on the field last year and would love for Bell to be their workhorse. I thought Jonathan Dwyer was that player last year when the Steelers drafted him, but know they weren’t happy with him when they decided to draft another RB in Bell. He should be the next back off the board after Ball.
3. Eddie Lacy (Green Bay): Much like Bell, Lacy is going to a Super Bowl contending team in need of a go-to running back. Lacy would be tops on this list if the Packers didn’t pick up Jonathan Franklin as well. I love Franklin and have decided to add him here as a 3B. They are both draftable, with Lacy being a 5th round pick and Franklin being an 8th round pick, but they will split carries this season.
4. Zac Stacy (St. Louis): Who will replace Steven Jackson? The Rams are facing that dilemma. They have Daryl Richardson and Isaiah Pead Cristian Zapata AC Milan Jersey , but neither is assured of being The Man. Stacy tore it up at Vanderbilt, which is a good place to hide your talent. I would add him in the 11th round and hope St. Louis recognizes his talent and gets him the rock.
5. Stepfan Taylor (Arizona): The Cardinals can’t keep a starting RB healthy. The two guys ahead of Taylor; Rashard Mendenhall and Ryan Williams, are ACL casualties in recent years, so add Taylor in the last round if you draft Jose Canseco S.
0 Members and 21 Guests are online.
We welcome our newest member: michaehubard3
The forum has 17214 topics and 19821 posts.
30 members have been online today:
5763lily, alina17705, Angel92, berry36923, cathylee123, chengjiayim, chenwen121314, david, Dylan Sikura, ginaferreira117, goldengoosexijin, Joni Maize, kaixin123, Karida, kenny1993, kkonald536407, legoldengoose, march, meichangsu520, michaehubard3, misshuana, qiuyehui, stussy58, Wallace Keynes, wangqing, wdgfhfkjkm, wenyep1102, xinxiu24, Yunxiaocuo, zxasdft