Photobucket

Wanted to be known as a football player and an athlete and all that is included with it

in Here is your first Forum Tue May 16, 2017 5:58 am
by Justin Dudley • 33 Posts | 332 Points

How an Idaho footballing player became a bank robberAnthony Curcio once dreamed of being a main issue with the kind of season the University of Idaho is completing this week.A talked about wide receiver at Monroe(Laundry.) Graduating college, Curcio got here on the Vandals Moscow, Idaho, Campus in 1999 with high hopes of making a name for himself.

With the Idaho program getting ready for only its second bowl appearance this century when it takes on Colorado State in Thursday Famous Idaho Potato Bowl, Curcio sometimes reflects on what has been.

Wanted to be known as a football player and an athlete and all that is included with it, Curcio told USA TODAY running. Through out my life, It doesn't I try to do to put it right, I am going to be known for there are mistakes I made. Telling of Curcio story is complete without rewinding to the astounding events of Sept. 30, 2008. In a parking area outside of a Bank of America branch in Monroe, A team of 15 would be workers assembled, All clad in harmonizing safety vests https://www.dolphinsapparelstore.com/Custom-Dolphins-Jersey-Cheap/, Caps and storage glasses. They had been lured there by a Craigslist posting promising $28.50 per hour for laborers for you to assist in the Clean Monroe Beautification Project.

The ad must have been a fake. It has been placed by Curcio, And it was an essential part of his plot. Then one of the workers actually Curcio in disguise, Including a painter mask and fake mustache sprinted to your vehicle, Pepper sprayed a guard and charged in the birthday woods with two bags full of cash.

While police out a manhunt, The culprit was nowhere found. He evaded capture by avoiding roads and instead using an blow up tube to paddle his way along the nearby Skykomish River to safety, Alongside $400,000 in his property.

Sounds kind of ridiculous when you hear someone complain about who robbed a bank and had a tube as their getaway, But inside it didn feel like that, Curcio shown. Me this had been like, Is issue. How do I take action that works? And that has been how I did it. Was the height of the financial meltdown, And banks were highly unpopular right at that moment. In which, With the fact that Curcio had not used a gun or caused serious harm to anyone, Meant he gained a somewhat sympathetic following from a local public intrigued by his ingenuity. Cooper, And title stuck.

Curcio freedom did not. He was caught in similarly unusual types of conditions, Previously being spotted doing a practice run of the heist by a homeless man who found Curcio behavior unusual. The person, Who had documented Curcio license plate number, Handed to police some gear Curcio had left out, Enabling them to earn a DNA match.

In a sense, It was misfortune. In an additional, It may saved Curcio life.

Embarrassing as it is to his dad, If I had gotten away with it I might have lived like that to the grave, Exclaimed Curcio, Who says he needed this money to feed his drug habit. Takes a real big snowball to be rolling to get so much that you think about stealing from an armored truck Kenyan Drake Jersey. Even once I was thrown into jail it took many decades for me to wake up. Was a unpredictable manner that began in college. Curcio found the campus party lifestyle to his liking and was stopped during his redshirt year. Idaho are actually running hot before his arrival, Having beaten 16 point favorite Southern Mississippi to win the relief Bowl.

Curcio got fresh slate when coach Tom Cable, Who later became head coach of gambling, Came in during his second year and Curcio was living right and programs hard. Nevertheless, Curcio suffered a torn anterior cruciate ligament while returning a punt used. He was given by doctors Vicodin for the pain, And he never played footballing again.

Was desperate that my whole identity wrapped around sports was gone, He was quoted saying. I was just students. I latched onto the pain relievers, And within a few prescription medications, My dream of football vanished. The tablets had me.

Blame myself for all that has happened, Not baseball, But it is always played into it. I was foolish dolphins Color Rush Jersey. I had no life wisdom because I had been a good athlete and a big fish in a tiny pond, So I got praised regardless of what the. Now it vanished. Married his graduating sweetheart, And that were there two children. After college he was making solid money tossing houses. In addition, His addiction never left him, And when the debt relief bubble burst, His asset base was swiftly rendered nugatory. Ought to, Your banker job.

After turning out to be apprehended, Curcio spent five numerous a six year sentence in medium to low security prisons in Texas and Florida.

After his bring out, Curcio and his wife saved their marriage and he set about reconstructing his life. He has found success with self published children books turning around sports themes, Including stories about lebron and Stephen Curry.

He also speaks regularly to small children about the pitfalls of addiction and did a TED Talk at Idaho. While keen to prevent glamorizing his criminal past, He admits that the words and robbery are a way get teenagers to pay attention.

Tell young athletes they've already come this far, He explained. Throw almost everything away now like I did?

Look back now and I had to fully understand the fact that I was a liar https://www.dolphinsapparelstore.com/8-Matt-Moore-Jersey-Cheap/. At my cheapest point, With drug treatments, I had no strength. I had certainly of true value. After that I for you to take account of myself. It sucked to start in all seriousness because the truth of what I had done and how I was living was so hard and horrible. But it got me back on track and brought my romantic connection back. And his family happen to be back to the Kibbie Dome in Idaho, And he is over joyed for the Vandals, Whose 8 4 season under Paul Petrino arrived them the bowl bid.

May possibly loved to have given it a real shot, He explained. Was something I was used to, That I had talent for and didn give myself an opportunity fulfill it. I am so thankful that my life has gotten better and I am living the best way. But I got many work to do, Otherwise people will bear in mind me as a guy who stole a bunch of money and got away on a tube.

Scroll up

Photobucket
Visitors
2 Members and 20 Guests are online.:
AbelEdie, misshuana

We welcome our newest member: AbelEdie
Board Statistics